Education Bureau (EDB)
It aims to provide serving teachers in primary and secondary schools including special schools with fundamental concepts, knowledge and skills in nurturing the mental well-being of students through establishing an inclusive and accepting atmosphere at school for healthy development of students and de-stigmatization of mental illness, enhancing understandings, knowledge and skills to identify students with mental health needs as well as sensitivity to identify students at risk of suicide.
It helps teachers to:
- understand the Healthy School Policy as well as the current approaches, practices and strategies in promoting students’ well-being and resilience;
- understand the learning, social and emotional needs of students with mental health needs and develop a positive attitude for cultivating an inviting environment for students with mental health needs;
- comprehend the principals, process in deploying the appropriate curriculum, pedagogy, assessment, and strategies in supporting students with mental health needs, including suicidal risk;
- identify warning signs of suicidal behaviour of students and acquire basic skills in performing gatekeeping; and
- share the knowledge and skills acquired with other teachers in their serving schools upon completing of the course.
Serving Teachers in primary and secondary schools including special schools.