The Department’s faculty are engaged in research addressing the following areas:
• Business, entrepreneurship and personal finance;
• Climate change;
• Energy sector;
• Gender, family changes, and migration
• Global and regional development;
• Public governance;
• Social and public policies;
• Urban, environment, and sustainability;
• Youth, employment, and social mobilities
The Department's faculty are widely published in distinguished international journals and with leading publishing houses.
The Department holds regular research seminars and hosts various research seminars provided by local and international visiting scholars.