The BA (Hons) in Special Education [BA(SE)] Programme aims to nurture committed and skilled practitioners for the well-being of individuals with special needs; particularly in areas related to education and community empowerment. Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of special education needs;
- demonstrate skills in the evaluation of special education needs relevant to equal opportunities and rights;
- display proficiency in formulating and implementing intervention plans for supporting individuals with disabilities in schools and community settings;
- work with families, schools, and communities effectively to facilitate inclusion and enhance the quality of life for people with special needs;
- analyze and solve problem critically and independently by integrating information based on theories, empirical literature and practical experience for the education and development of people with special needs.