Study Tour Organizer Award 大地任我行
- EdUHK UGC-funded full-time undergraduate students (exclude year 1 and final year students).
- Participants must compete in teams of three to four students from the same or different faculties.
- Applicants cannot be members of more than one team.
Competition details & Schedule
Interested students should form a study tour organizing committee with 3-4 members and propose a study tour with 15 participants (including organizing committee members).
Programme Schedule (From October 2019 to mid-August 2020)
|1. Briefing and proposal writing workshop||11 Oct||14:30 – 16:30||B4-LP-13|
|2. Consultation period||11 Oct – 11 Nov||–||By appointment|
|3. Proposal submission
– Proposal with not more than 10 pages (excluding appendices) should be submitted to SAO
– Each team is allowed to submit ONE proposal only.
|11 Nov||On or before 5 pm||–|
|4. Presentation skills workshop||13 Nov||6:30 pm – 9:30 pm||B4-LP-13|
|5. Competition||20 Nov – 22 Nov||2:00 pm – 9:30 pm||TBC|
|6. Result announcement||27 Nov||–||–|
|7. Proposed tour #||
Jan 2020 – mid-August 2020
|8. Open presentation and exhibition||Sept 2020||TBC||TBC|
# Reports on the Study Tour should be submitted in electronic form to the SAO within two weeks after the tour is completed. Completed reports will be kept in the SAO and will be available for reference by students for participating the competition next year.
Awards and selection criteria
- No of awards: 3 teams will be selected
- Each awardee in each team will receive an award of HK$8,000 or 50% subsidy of the total expense of the tour, whichever the lower, to organize the proposed tour.
- Each participant (excluding the organizers) will receive HK$10,000 or 50% subsidy of the total expense of the tour, subject to the availability of GLEF^ of each participant.
*All participants, including the awardees are responsible for their passport and visa application expenses. If the awardee(s) cannot participate in the tour; or the tour is delayed or cancelled due to any unpredictable reason(s), the award granted and the subsidy are non-transferable and cannot be converted or exchanged into cash.
^ For the information of general principles governing GLEF and application procedure, please refer to:
- Full proposal that provide clearly defined objectives, well organized tour itinerary, expected outcomes, detailed propose budget plan and the evaluation procedures.
- Team performance during the selection interview and the presentation will be also considered.
Regulations and Rules
- The organizer reserves the right to alter or modify the rules or schedule of the event if necessary or expedient.
- The decision of the selection panel on all results shall be final and conclusive. No appeals will be entertained.
- Any qualified teams failing to attend the workshops will be assumed to have given up the right to compete.
- The organizer will not be responsible for any accidents, injuries or damage which might occur in the study tour. The participants can apply for EdUHK insurance during participation in or attendance at this competition or any other related activities.
- The subsidy will be given to students on a reimbursement basis and students are required to submit a report and study journal and provide receipts for claiming the expenses within one month after the completion of the tour. Any unclaimed funding will be forfeited of two months after the closing date of the study tour. Applications for reimbursement should be made directly to Student Affairs Office.
- Personal Accident Insurance Coverage (covered by the Institute) Group travelling insurance coverage.
- Budget requests for additional contingency or miscellaneous’ expenses will not be considered unless adequate detailed justifications are attached.
Request for Extension or Deferral of Visit/Programme Duration
Extension or deferral of the Tour will only be considered in very special circumstances. Applications for extension or deferral should be submitted to the SAO for consideration and approval at least two weeks before the commencement of the Tour. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Requests for Cancellation
Should the awardees decide to cancel the tour, they must notify the SAO in writing, accompanied by a progress report.
Enquiry: Anson Chan (2948 6219) / email@example.com