The Education University of Hong Kong attaches great importance to hall life education. It is regarded as an integral part of university education. We strive to make student halls a holistic living-learning environment which contributes to a positive campus life experience of the residents; this aspect is fundamental to the self-actualisation of potentials and the formation of values that guide their future development as intellectually active, socially caring, and globally aware professionals.
To accomplish this Vision, the Mission of Hall Life Education is set out to enable the students to:-
1. Develop all rounded personal capabilities and form positive characters through a safe and supportive living-learning environment;
2. Foster inter-personal, cross-disciplinary and cultural interaction to promote collegiate life among hall residents, alumni and the University at large within an intimate and vibrant community; and
3. Groom leadership and encourage active engagement in student governance through a developmental environment.
Hall Point System
Based on the rationale for the provision of hall places to cater for the accommodation need of students living far away from the University and to facilitate active campus involvement, the Hall Point System accords equal weighting between home location and living conditions (50%), and activity participation and contribution to the University (50%). Details of the Hall Point System could be downloaded from the Student Hostel website.
For more details:
Affiliated Hall Membership Scheme
To create opportunities for non-residents to participate and enjoy hall life, all EdUHK full-time students who are non-student hall residents are eligible to apply for membership of the Affiliated Hall Membership Scheme. Membership is on semester or year basis.
Affiliated Hall Membership Scheme 2017/18:
Discretionary Hall Places
Discretionary hall places are open to students who have special reasons for on-campus accommodation. Consideration for discretionary hall places would made with reference, but not limit to:
- Dean of Students’ Discretion: Family/ health issue, contribution to the University, or other special reasons which cannot be reflected from Point System.
- Wardens’ Discretion: Hall contribution and/or hall related roles.
Application should be made by duly completing the online application form and submitting related supporting documents, through the online application system from 25 April to 12:00nn, 22 August 2017.
1. Once applicant is OFFERED a hall place in any round of hall application in 2017/18, his/her application for discretionary hall place 2017/18 will be terminated automatically without further notice. In the event that he/she applied for a whole year hall place through iHostel and being OFFERED a semester hall place, his/her application for discretionary hall place 2017/18 may be considered for the alternate semester.
2. Applications which are incomplete, and/or without supporting document, will NOT be considered.
3. Late submission or application submitted through other means will NOT be accepted.
4. The application, once submitted, cannot be changed or modified. In the event of repeated submission, only the latest submission will be processed.