Certificate in Professional Development Programme on Enhancing Curriculum Planning and Teaching of Life and Society in Junior Secondary Curriculum
Participants will be equipped with the pedagogical skills and subject knowledge and concepts needed to teach the Life and Society curriculum (Secondary 1-3) or related subjects in the junior secondary school curriculum, Hong Kong Basic Law and the principles underlying “One Country, Two Systems”. It also aims at enhancing the participants’ pedagogical literacy and competency that suit the school-based curriculum development and implementation of this integrated and inter-disciplinary curriculum. It is expected that participants will have the necessary professional competencies to design and teach the Life and Society Curriculum in junior secondary schools.
On successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate command and understanding of the Life & Society curriculum, and be able to apply this to teaching students with diversified ability and background, and in different secondary school settings;
- exhibit pedagogical competence and professional knowledge both in theories and practice in planning and implementing Life & Society curriculum;
- utilize different generic skills (e.g. problem solving and critical thinking) in teaching and learning, and life-wide and life-long professional development;
- critically analyze and reflect on their teaching experience and practice in Life & Society curriculum so that they can articulate and evaluate their own theoretical perspective on teaching and learning; and
- display commitments to teaching Life & Society curriculum with professional attitude, and a global and multi-cultural perspective.
Every effort has been made to ensure that information contained in this website is correct. Changes to any aspects of the programmes may be made from time to time due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control and the University reserves the right to make amendments to any information contained in this website without prior notice. The University accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from any use or misuse of or reliance on any information contained in this website.
|Enhancing Curriculum Planning and Teaching of Life and Society in Junior Secondary Curriculum|
|BWP049||Certificate in Professional Development Programme on Enhancing Curriculum Planning and Teaching of Life and Society in Junior Secondary Curriculum||Experiential and Service Learning" in Life and Society||SSC5161|
|The Study & Pedagogy of "Personal and Social Development||SSC5162|
|The Study & Pedagogy of "Resources and Economic Activities||SSC5163|
|The Study & Pedagogy of "Social Systems and Citizenship||SSC5164|
|Basic Law and “One Country, Two Systems||SSC5242|
Any aspect of the course and course offerings (including, without limitation, the content of the Course and the manner in which the Course is taught) may be subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the University. Without limiting the right of the University to amend the course and its course offerings, it is envisaged that changes may be required due to factors such as staffing, enrolment levels, logistical arrangements and curriculum changes.
Tel: (852) 2948 6886