There are many factors that influence the costs of an overseas internship, including your intern destination and personal lifestyle. In the table below, you will find a list of possible expenses for your reference only.
|Internship Fee||Paid to your applied overseas internship organizations directly.|
|Passport||To travel overseas, you must hold a valid travel document. Visit the Hong Kong Immigration Department website for application procedures and passport fees.|
|Visa & Related Documents||Depending on your destination, you may need a student visa or a resident's permit. You can check the requirements and visa fees by contacting the relevant embassy or consulate.|
|Insurance||All EdUHK full-time UGC-funded and self-funded programme students are automatically covered by EdUHK’s Group Travel Insurance policy.
Please view here for more details. The intern student is also required to purchase your own insurance during the duration of the internship abroad. A compulsory insurance plan may be required by your host country.
|Airfare||Depending on your destination, flight class, and departure date, the cost of your flight can vary. Students are required to buy your own flight tickets.|
|Accommodation||In most cases, you have to pay an accommodation fee. There may be different types of accommodation (single rooms, shared flats, etc.) and mandatory meal plans may be available.|
|Health Check & Immunization||A host country may require you to undertake a body check and/or immunization. Please check with the overseas internship organizations or local government websites.|
|Living Expenses||You are responsible for all living expenses during your internship. These may include a food/meal plan, books, local transportation, and entertainment.|
Global Learning Enhancement Fund (GLEF) (please view here)
- All full-time undergraduates and full-time HD(ECE) students are eligible for the GLEF, with the maximum subsidy up to HKD 10,000 (for UG) and HKD 5,000 (for HD(ECE)).
- All undergraduate students under UGC-funded and self-financed programmes will be eligible for an additional allowance of HKD 5,000 from the Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust with the fulfillment of the selection criteria.
SPSS Reaching Out Award (ROA)
- All full time self-funded degree level students with the fulfillment of CGPA 3.0 or above will be entitled HKD 10,000 for successful completion of eligible ROA activities.
- Please check with SAO Scholarship Team (email@example.com) for ROA application period.
- Submit this online form after you have received a confirmed offer from internship agency/ host organization
- Deadline: 1 week before the internship commences
For more details about the financial support, please view here.
Reminder to Students:
- If you are applying for an overseas internship for summer, please consider your travel plans carefully. It is highly recommended that students purchase travel insurance by themselves, apart from The Group Travel Insurance by EdUHK.
- If there is any unforeseeable factor(s) leading to the cancellation, curtailment, or delay of the internship, the students will be responsible for bearing all of the expenses, e.g. including extended accommodation or revised flight ticket.
- It is required to complete the whole internship period for students who wish to receive financial support. Otherwise, SAO will not provide the related subsidy to the students.