Dr Li Dak Sum Experiential Learning Scholarships
The Student Affairs Office will organize an experiential learning tour programme funded by Dr Li Dak Sum Experiential Learning Scholarship. It is an opportunity for students to plan your own tours, visit Mainland China and understand more about the society.
What will you earn in the Programme?
- Visit Mainland China and understanding the society with financial sponsorship;
- Broaden your horizon and foster your global outlook;
- The participation hours of this programme will be recorded in your Experiential Learning and Achievements Transcript (ELAT) – Global and Cultural Enrichment. Please visit https://www.eduhk.hk/sao/?p=217 for more details.
What will you experience in the Programme?
- Pre-departure Training Sessions;
- Form groups; plan, design and organize a learning trip to Mainland China (Easter holiday or summer holiday); and
- A post-tour activity to share your learning.
- Urban Planning
- Economic Development
- History and Culture
- Education System
All full-time EdUHK BEd students with cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Students who are selected to join the Programme and complete all requirements will get a scholarship of $21,250.
|15 October 2019 noon||Application Deadline|
|18 October 2019||Announcement of Shortlisted Application|
|21 October 2019 (Mon)||Pre-training Workshop: Proposal Writing Skills
|13 November 2019 (Wed)||Pre-training Workshop: Presentation Skills
|21 October – 15 November 2019||Group Formation & Design Your Own Experiential Learning Programmes|
|15 November 2019||Submit Proposals|
|25 November 2019||Announcement of Presentation Arrangement|
|28 November 2019||Presentation of Proposals|
|Mid to late December 2019||Announcement of Selection Result|
|January – May 2020||Training Workshop & Pre-tour Consultations|
|March – May 2020||Final Presentation of Programme|
|Easter Holiday / Summer Holiday||10 – 14 days of Tour|
|After Tour||One Post-tour Sharing Activity
Submit Programme Report
Reward with Scholarship for Successful Participants
Online Enrollment: https://eduhksao.asia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9pFSdGGhaQbPpk1
Application Period: 4 to 15 Oct 2019
Quota: 40 (Each tour group consist of 6 – 10 students)
Enquiry: David So (2948 6248) / email@example.com
Global Experiential Learning Team
Student Affairs Office