The first phase (10 months):
- Through lesson observations of 400 lessons of 200+ teachers in 70+ schools to test the assumptions implied in Figure 1.
- Lessons were taped and observed by at least 2-3 raters on at least 4 classroom observation instruments for comparisons.
The second phase (10 months):
- A local primary school of 32 teachers of English and Math departments purposively selected for an in-depth case study
- Each teacher will provide 3-4 lessons for ratings..
- The purpose is to investigate the reciprocal relationship among teaching practices and students learning processes and learning goals as Figure 2.
- Surveys, interviews and lesson observations will be used for data collection.