About EdUHK X LU X SCMP I&E Challenge 2021
The EdUHK X LU X SCMP Innovation and Entrepreneurship Challenge 2021 (the Challenge) is an inter-disciplinary and inter-institutional innovation and entrepreneurship development programme jointly organized by the Knowledge Transfer (KT) Sub-office of the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK), Lingnan (LU) Entrepreneurship Initiative and the South China Morning Post. Through this programme, the KT Sub-office aims to bring the following benefits to EdUHK community:
- To nourish potential teams for upcoming EASE Fund cohorts
The Challenge would like to invite students and alumni from EdUHK and LU with innovative ideas related to ‘Redesign Education’ and/or ‘Digital Transformation’ to join!
- The Challenge is open to all current full-time/part-time students (excluding students of Professional Development Programmes) as well as alumni of EdUHK and LU.
- Students and alumni can join the Challenge as individuals OR in groups. We strongly encourage applicants to invite EdUHK/LU staff members as advisors such that advisors can provide practical advices to turn their ideas into impactful solutions. However, this is not a mandatory requirement for joining the Challenge.
- Each student and alumni can submit one application, EITHER in group or as individual.
EACH interested student/alumnus should register via an online registration form to the Knowledge Transfer (KT) Sub-office on or before 3 May 2021 (Monday) 23:59.
(Note: All initial registrations are on individual basis, and organizers will confirm those applications in groups after the networking sessions)
Certificates and media coverage will be provided to the winning groups and there will be cash awards as below:
- Champion (1 winner): HKD3,000
- First Runner-up (1 winner): HKD2,000
- Second Runner-up (2 winners): HKD1,000
3 workshops to be organized by EdUHK, LU and SCMP respectively to better equip participants for the Challenge. Due to Covid-19, the first two workshops would be held online and, depending on the development of Covid-19 situation, the last workshop is tentatively set to be held at SCMP Time Square facilities.
- Workshop I - Start-up Ideation
· Date: 28 May 2021 (Fri)
· Time: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
· Channel: Zoom
- Workshop II - Redesign Education
· Date: 3 June 2021 (Thur)
· Time: TBC
· Channel: Zoom
- Workshop III - Digital Transformation
· Date: 5 June 2021 (Sat)
· Time & Channel: TBC
Mr Mark Chung, RDO KT Sub-office
Tel: 2948 6808
Miss Lily Leung, RDO KT Sub-office
Tel: 2948 8628