- About the IP Phone System
- IP Phone Features
- CallPilot Web Access
- Caller ID
- International Calls
- User Guides
- Flexible Feature Codes
In December 2008, the Institute (now The Education University of Hong Kong) started to replace the traditional analogue phone system with Nortel Communication System 1000 IP Phone system. The IP Phone uses IP based computer network instead of the traditional telephone wire. With the Nortel IP Phone system, we could use the same cable for phones and/or computer which provides more flexibility.
Currently we are using Nortel 1140/1120/1110 IP Phone handset which provides many useful features:
- Support handsfree and speaker phone
- Advanced phone features e.g. Call Waiting, Conference, Call Parking
- Caller ID - Incoming call number/name will be shown before users pick up the phone
- Corporate Directory and Personal Directory
- Programmable feature keys
- Voice Mail
- Virtual Office - Allow staff to configure a shared/unused phone to become personal phone with all the customization and configuration
- Calls between Tai Po and TKO Study Centre (TKOSC) will go through internal connection. You add prefex 22 before TKOSC extension when calling from Tai Po and prefix 21 before Tai Po extension when calling from TKOSC.
- It provides a means to access CallPilot functions (e.g. voicemail) through the Web as an alternative to accessing CallPilot using a telephone. The web address is http://voicemail.eduhk.hk/.
- The web access provides an easy way to users to change CallPilot settings. It also allows users to to record and upload greeting messages through the web.
- With Caller ID, users could easily build up their personal phone book.
- For internal calls, Caller ID will be shown to the recipient when a call is made.
- For external calls, by default the caller id will be displayed to the external parties (Tai Po campus only). If you want to hide your caller id, you could add the prefix 9133 before the number. For TKOSC, caller id will not be shown for external calls due to technical limitations.
- "IP Phone password" to secure the phone & to use Virtual Office
- "CallPilot password" for voice mail and CallPilot server
In order to make international calls, please refer to the following procedures and dial format.
+ + + + +
is the required prefix ( *25 ) for internal transfer of international call
is a 4 digits departmental pass code for outgoing International call and is assigned by OCIO. For details, please ask your general office.
+ is the required number preset in the PABX system for call transfer
e.g. Dial *25-xxxx-9-0060-65-12345678
This is to call a phone number '12345678' in Singapore with Country Code '65' .
- Training Video on IP Phone and configuration of Featurekeys
- Training Video on Call Forwarding, Transfer, multi-party conference and phonebook
- Training Video on http://voice.eduhk.hk and voice mail operations
- IP Phone 1140E Quick Reference Card
- IP Phone 1140E User Guide
- CallPilot Multimedia Messaging User Guide
- CallPilot (Voicemail) Quick Reference
- Voicemail Operation Guide
|*0||Redial Last Number code||Analog phone only|
|*1||Ring Again Activate code||Analog phone only|
|*3||Speed Call User code||Analog phone only|
|*7||Directed Call Pickup|
|*9||Permanent Hold code||Analog phone only|
|#1||Ring Again Deactivate code||Analog phone only|
|#3||Speed Call Controller code||Analog phone only|
|#9||Call Forward All Call||Analog phone only|
|#0||Six Party Conference Code||Analog phone only|