After setting up MFA on O365, you will need to verify your identity when you sign in to Outlook Web App (OWA). Using the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device as a security token is the most convenient way to complete verification. You can also choose to receive a text message or phone call on your mobile phone to verify your identity. Below is a guide using the Microsoft Authenticator app as an example.
(If you cannot view the video, please click here to open the video.)
- Open a browser on your computer and sign in to Outlook Web App (OWA) at https://webmail.eduhk.hk.
- Select Microsoft.
- Sign in with your EdUHK email address and password, then click "Next".
- When you see the following "Approve sign in request" message, open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your registered device.
- Your will receive a notification on your device. Tap on the notification and choose "Approve".
- You are now signed in to your account successfully. You can access to Outlook Web App (OWA) or other Office 365 services.
Note: After signing in, you can click "Yes" to stay signed in when prompted. Please do not choose this option when using a shared or public computer.