The minimum entrance requirements for this programme:
(1) A recognized Bachelor’s degree, preferably in subject areas other than Mathematics.
(2) In-service or prospective Mathematics teacher
(3) Possessing at least Grade E in Hong Kong AS-level for any Mathematics-related subjects or Level 4 for HKDSE Core Mathematics, or an equivalent qualification in Mathematics *
(4) Applicant whose Bachelor’s degree is obtained from a non-English speaking institution should normally fulfill one of the following minimum English proficiency requirements:
(i) IELTS 6.0; or
(ii) Grade C or above in GCSE / GCE OL English; or
(iii) A TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based test); or
(iv) Band 6 in the Chinese Mainland’s College English Test (CET) (a total score of no lower than 430 if the test was taken after June 2005); or
(v) Other equivalent qualifications.
* Applicant who had studied some Mathematics (or Mathematics related) courses in the undergraduates or former Colleges of Education may also be considered.
Any aspect of the course (including, without limitation, the content of the Course and the manner in which the Course is taught) may be subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the University. Without limiting the right of the University to amend the course, it is envisaged that changes may be required due to factors such as staffing, enrolment levels, logistical arrangements and curriculum changes.