The University has a long standing and highly productive relationship with the Hong Kong school community. Community service of the University manifests in a variety of formats:
- Serving on external committees (e.g. government decision making bodies/departments, professional bodies, social organisations, school management committees);
- Providing consultancy services in a professional capacity (e.g. consultancy to government and non-government authorities, schools, educational organisations, professional bodies);
- Providing professional services to schools (e.g. staff development programmes, presentation to teachers);
- Undertaking collaborative projects with schools/educational communities;
- Participating to continuing education/in-service teacher education programmes, whether internal or external; and
- Taking up appointments as external examiner/assessor (e.g. validation panel, reviewer).