Budget & Finance

Budget & Finance

Summer exchange costs vary depending on your study destination and personal lifestyle. The table below lists expenses you may incur. Some, such as visa fees and airfares, may be subject to exchange rate fluctuations, please refer to Programme List for details.

Tuition feePay to host institution.
PassportTo travel overseas, you must hold a valid travel document. Visit the Hong Kong Immigration Department website for application procedures and passport fees.
Visa & Related DocumentsYou may need to apply a student visa or resident’s permit depending on your destination. If you take up an internship/placement/school attachment on summer exchange, you might need a specific type of student visa, and/or other documents. Host countries may also require some financial proof. You can check requirements and visa fees by contacting the relevant embassy or consulate.
Health Check & ImmunizationA host country or host institution dormitory may, require you to undertake a body check and/or immunization.
InsuranceAll EdUHK full-time UGC-funded and self-funded programme students are automatically covered by EdUHK’s Group Travel Insurance policy. For details, look under insurance coverage in the existing travel insurance policy.
Summer exchange students should purchase extra insurance covering the entire period of exchange overseas. In some cases, you will be required to purchase a compulsory insurance plan from your host institution or host country.
AirfareThe cost of your flight depends on the destination, class of flight and time of the year that you depart.
AccommodationYou may have to pay an accommodation fee to your host institution. For some summer programmes, accommodation fee is included in the tuition fee. You may need to pay a deposit or insurance to secure housing.
Living ExpensesYou are responsible for all living expenses during your summer exchange. These may include a food/meal plan, books, local transportation, and entertainment.

Financial Supports

Global Learning Enhancement Fund (GLEF)

All full-time undergraduate students enrolled in government-funded and self-funded programmes are eligible to apply for the University's Global Learning  Enhancement Fund (GLEF). Successful applicants will receive a sponsorship which is equivalent to 50% of expenses incurred under GSP, capped at HK$10,000* (Subject to the Terms & Conditions).

*Subject to the student’s GLEF balance

From Academic Year 2018/19, this support has been extended to our full-time students of Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education programme (HD(ECE)) and the maximum subsidy amount is HK$5,000.

We Would Love To Hear From You

Do you have
any enquiries?

Contact Us
Scroll To Top
Help Contact