The Faculty of Humanities aspires to be a leading faculty in humanities education by contributing to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge. We promote the pursuit of academic knowledge, cross-cultural awareness and intercultural competencies, with a view to nurturing our graduates in a wide spectrum of the humanities. We strive for excellence in research and academic development in order to address issues from a global perspective, to advocate the understanding of human nature, and to impact positively on the well-being of Hong Kong society and beyond.
We are committed to:
- Building upon our traditional strengths in Language, Literature and Culture to offer high quality humanities education and interdisciplinary programmes that respond to the demand of humanities disciplines in Hong Kong and beyond;
- Providing a comprehensive, humanistic research environment to conduct cutting-edge research, with significant impact in the academic arena locally, regionally and internationally;
- Nurturing professionally excellent, ethically responsible and innovative graduates with effective communication skills and multicultural awareness;
- Offering students an educational experience that will equip them with the capacity to analyse, synthesise and critically reflect on the knowledge across a wide range of disciplines in the humanities in order to resolve complex problems and to meet future challenges;
- Disseminating ideas within the humanities through knowledge transfer and inspiring students intellectually through the offering of a broad range of interdisciplinary courses/programmes; and
- Forging stronger partnerships and links within the local community as well as in the regional and international arenas.
Areas of Expertise
Faculty at a Glance