** The nomination deadline will be further extended to 22 May 2020. **
The EdUHK Undergraduate Programme Nominations Scheme (The Scheme) aims to attract more young talent
who aspire to develop their potential to the full and serve our school community. Our Scheme is
different from the School Principal's Nominations (SPN) Scheme under JUPAS which is specially
designed for schools to nominate students who have contributed to social services, or made
outstanding achievements in non-academic areas such as sports, music, social services, other
cultural activities, or who have demonstrated leadership abilities. Our Scheme is a deep
collaboration with our school partners aimed at selecting students who are deemed suitable for
becoming outstanding professional educators.
Since 2014/15, the Scheme has been expanded to accept nomination of students to our UGC-funded
complementary programmes, i.e. BA/BSocSc programmes in response to some requests from our school
partners that they wish to enjoy more flexibility in their nominations. Nevertheless, the key focus
of the Scheme is still on the nomination of students who are suitable for joining the teaching
The Scheme has been well-received since its inception in 2012/13 with over 1,000 nominations in each
of the past years.
- The EdUHK will contact the nominees immediately after the deadline providing them with the
latest programme information, timely advice and necessary assistance during the admission
- Nominees shortlisted by the respective subject departments will be interviewed in June 2020. Students with excellent performance in the interview will be given priority of admission,
if deemed appropriate.
- All nominees will be invited to join the "Buddy Scheme" under which one of our undergraduate
students will become their buddy. He/she will contact the nominees after the HKDSE examination
sharing with them his/her learning experiences at the University and providing them with some
useful tips and advice throughout the admission process.
- The Scheme has been linked with entrance scholarship schemes associated with some school
sponsoring bodies. The affiliated schools of these school sponsoring bodies will receive
relevant information of the entrance scholarship schemes.
- The nominees will enjoy priority in attending programme promotional activities organized by our
Programme Teams / Academic Departments.
- The nominees through the School Principal's Nominations (SPN) Scheme under JUPAS can at the same
time be nominated to this Scheme, but they must put our programmes (not including Higher Diploma
in Early Childhood Education) as their Band A choices in order to meet the eligibility
- Normally, each school can nominate up to TEN S6 students to the Scheme with a maximum of TWO
choosing our non-teacher education programmes in complementary disciplines (i.e. publicly-funded
BA / BSocSc programmes) and the other choosing our BEd programmes.
- The nominees must have:
- demonstrated a high standard of academic performance or strong achievements in a
non-academic area (such as in sports / music / visual arts), and be prepared to commit
themselves to our society;
- been rated "excellent" or "good" in ALL of the 13 attributes in the School Reference
- put their selected programmes as their Band A choices in JUPAS.
Admission Route for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Students
The University is committed to offering equal opportunity for NCS students to receive university
education. We trust that language barrier (i.e. Chinese) should not be an obstacle for NCS students
to gain admission to our programmes in particular those using English as the medium of instruction.
With this, the University has implemented the new admission route for NCS students since 2017/18
Who will be considered as NCS students?
NCS students must meet either one of the following specified circumstances:
- the applicants have learnt Chinese Language for less than 6 years while receiving primary and
secondary education; or
- the applicants have learnt Chinese Language for 6 years or more in schools, but have been taught
an adapted and simpler curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of applicants in local
For NCS students who have met the above specified circumstances, the University accepts alternative
qualifications in Chinese Language (only those under GCE, GCSE, IGCSE and HKDSE Applied Learning
Chinese) for the purpose of meeting the minimum entrance requirements.
For programmes which require students to have possessed a good command of Chinese including BEd
(Chinese Language) and BA in Language Studies (Chinese major), waiver of the
HKDSE Chinese Language requirement will not be granted.
How to assess NCS students?
Each school can nominate no more than FOUR S6 NCS students to the University. NCS students will be
assessed in the same manner as those being nominated under the regular route. They will be
interviewed in June, if deemed necessary, and will be assessed on an individual basis, taking into
consideration their academic performance, non-academic achievements, school reference reports, their
chosen programmes under JUPAS, etc.
Please complete the nomination through either online submission or paper form but NOT both to avoid
Before you proceed to fill in the nomination form, make sure that the following information is
- Personal information of the nominees (i.e. Full Name in English, JUPAS Application Number,
Programme Choice in Band A); and
- JUPAS Catalogue No. for programmes offered by EdUHK.
|For NCS Students Only
Should you wish to make any amendments to a submitted nomination, please email us at email@example.com.
- The nomination period runs from 11 November 2019 to 22 May 2020 (extended).
- In general, all nominees will be interviewed in mid/late June 2020, before the release of the HKDSE examination results. Please click here to view the interview schedule. But if a nominee has not been invited to the interview in June, he/she should NOT assume that his/her JUPAS application is not being considered.
- However, if selected nominees do not attend the interview(s) in June which are specially arranged for them but attend the interview(s) with other applicants after the release of HKDSE examination results in July, they will no longer enjoy the privilege of admission priority given by the EdUHK Undergraduate Programme Nominations Scheme.
Tel: (852) 2948 6886