The tuition fee of self-financed programmes will be higher than government-funded programmes. Information about tuition fees of individual programmes is available at

To meet the general entrance requirements, applicants should possess one of the following qualifications:

  • HKDSE qualification with Level 3 or above in English Language and Chinese Language and Level 2 or above in Mathematics(Compulsory Part), Liberal Studies, and one elective subject in the HKDSE; or
  • A recognised post-secondary qualifications such as Associate Degree/Higher Diploma; or
  • One year of attendance in a recognised Associate Degree programme; or
  • Non-local qualifications such as a GCE AL, IB Diploma, High School Graduation Diploma or SAT; or
  • Current enrolment in a full-time or sandwich Bachelor's degree programme in recognised institutions; or
  • HKALE qualification; or
  • A mature applicant; or
  • Possession of other exceptional abilities that merit special consideration.

In addition to the general entrance requirements, applicants must also satisfy the language requirements as well as the specific subject requirements (if any) of their chosen programmes.

For details, please visit our website:

Yes, you can. Applicants with past/current HKDSE examination results are welcome to apply.

According to the government's policy, financial assistance is provided through the following schemes to local students pursuring full-time locally-accredited self-financing sub-degree / degree programmes:

  • Means-tested Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) which provides eligible students with grant to meet tuition fees and academic expenses and/or loan to meet living expenses; or
  • Non-mean-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS) which provides loan to eligible students to cover tuition fees.

Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency is responsible for administering the above schemes. Please visit their homepage at for further information.

The University does not provide on-campus accommodation for undergraduates of self-financed programmes.

The University has set aside some Year 3 places for admission to the four-year programmes. To be eligible, applicants should hold a recognized Associate Degree/Higher Diploma or higher qualification. Subject to their academic attainments, applicants with good GPA will be automatically considered for admission to Senior Year Places. Once admitted, applicants will be enrolled in Year 3 of the programme concerned. To achieve the best learning outcomes, students may be required to study additional courses on a self-financing basis so as to meet the curriculum requirements. If applicants are deemed not eligible for direct entry to Year 3, they will still be considered under the regular route to Year 1 of the chosen programme(s) and they may be granted for block credit transfer or apply for credit transfer of individual courses on a case-by-case basis after programme registration. Please see details in the section for credit transfer.

The self-financed undergraduate programme will be operated at the Tai Po Campus, Tseung Kwan O Study Centre, Pak Shek Kok Sports Centre and/or Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre as decided by the University.

Normally, all fees paid will not be refunded unless you are under one of the following situations:

  • If you accept an offer from a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme* or a programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP) via JUPAS in the respective admission year (*programmes offered by OUHK and HKAPA are not UGC-funded); or
  • If you fail to meet the programme entry requirements as stated in the conditional offer letter; or
  • If the programme concerned has been cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.

All Year-1 entering students of the self-financed undergraduate programme are required to pay the tuition fee for the first semester before registration. The first semester tuition fee is equivalent to 12 credit points (i.e. the minimum number of credit points to be taken in a semester for full-time undergraduate students). The fee once paid is non-refundable. If students decide to take more than 12 credit points in the first semester, additional tuition fee on credit basis will be charged after the completion of Add / Drop period of the first semester.

Students of self-financed programme will not be considered for transfer to any UGC-funded programmes during their whole period of studies at the University. If they wish to study a UGC-funded programme, they have to apply via JUPAS or Non-JUPAS route where appropriate.

Applicants, except for those admitted to senior year, with eligible HKALE/IB/GCE AL and 13 years of schooling or holding a HD/AD qualification with a GPA 3.0 or above will be granted one of the following block credit transfers:

Block Credit Transfer of 9 cps for eligible HKALE / IB / GCE AL students with 13 years of schooling:

  1. Electives – 2 courses (6cps)
  2. General Education Breadth Courses – 1 course (3cps)

Block Credit Transfer up to 30 cps for eligible AD/HD graduates with final GPA 3.0 but failing to gain entry to senior year:

  1. Electives – 4 courses (12cps)
  2. General Education Breadth Courses – 2 courses (6cps)
  3. Major-related / Core courses – up to 12 cps, subject to the relevance of AD/HD programme to the admitted undergraduate programme, as decided by the relevant Programme Team.

Applicants who have been granted block credit transfer/senior year entry are no longer entitled to apply for credit transfer of individual courses on the basis of the above mentioned entry qualifications (i.e. no double benefit). On the contrary, if an applicant has completed Year 1 HD/AD or holds a HD/AD qualification but failing to obtain a GPA 3.0 or possesses other post-secondary qualification can submit an application for credit transfer of individual courses upon completion of programme registration.

According to the University’s Double Registration Policy, students who are enrolled in any full-time award-bearing programmes (lasting for one year or longer) of EdUHK are not permitted to simultaneously register for another qualification at this or another Institution except with prior approval by the Registrar before the programme commences. In case of doubt, please seek advice from the Registry.

The self-financed undergraduate programme offered by EdUHK is not teacher training programmes and therefore, graduates of these programmes are not eligible to become qualified teachers. They may choose to pursue a teaching career by completing an additional year of professional teacher training (e.g. to complete a PGDE programme).

No. Both transcript of studies and graduation certificate will not show the funding mode of the programme. Graduation certificate will only show the programme award.

No. Under the $32,100 voucher subsidy scheme supported by the Government, programmes offered by the publicly funded tertiary institutions and their affiliated colleges, including that offered by EdUHK is not covered by this scheme.