The Master of Public Policy and Management (MPPM), hosted by the Department of Asian and Policy Studies (APS) is a self-funded Programme that was launched in 2013/14. The tuition fee of the Programme for 2020/21 is HKD 135,000.
The MPPM programme brings leading-edge learning of management issues including human resources, financial management and leadership while fostering students’ capabilities and skills for future placement in professional settings. To train students who have solid working experience and help them pursue managerial position, the MPPM provides financial support in the form of Scholarship.
- Number of Scholarship(s)
Maximum 5 students in each academic year (5 students from Spring Intake and Fall Intake) will be offered the scholarship.
- Provision of the Scholarship
- The scholarship covers HKD 68,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one academic year.
- The successful candidates may hold concurrent scholarships/ awards granted by EdUHK, subject to fulfillment of the requirements as stipulated by the respective scholarship schemes but the total amount should not exceed annual tuition. Nevertheless, scholarship/ award to support outbound activities will not be counted towards the aforesaid ceiling of scholarship amount.
- Eligibility Criteria
In-service civil servants who have successfully passed the trial bar and have registered for MPPM Programme (full-time or part-time mode). Candidates should provide documents showing their employment status and passage of trial bar.
- Selection Criteria
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 or above is required and/or equivalent in a Degree not lower than Bachelor level.
- IELTS 6.0 or above, or an equivalent score in a recognized test, should be obtained for applicants whose qualification is obtained from an institution in a non-English speaking system.
- Nomination and Selection Procedures
- Candidates should submit Scholarship application along with their application to MPPM to the Programme Office via email (email@example.com).
- If more than 5 candidates have met the criteria, interviews will be arranged.
- The profile of the awardees will be sent to the Committee on Scholarships and Prizes for noting.
- The scholarship award will normally be announced in June (Fall Intake) / November (Spring Intake).
- Conditions of Scholarship
- The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient ceases to be a student of the MPPM Programme. The APS reserves the right to ask the recipient to return their scholarship funding, either in part or in full.
- The award will be terminated if the recipient has committed any unethical and/or undesirable behavior and/or violated the regulations laid down by the University. The Programme Committee reserves the right to make judgement on undesirable behavior.
- If none of the candidates meet the eligibility and selection criteria in the academic year, the award will not be offered.
- Recipient of the Scholarship is required to attend functions related to scholarships organized by the APS.
- EdUHK reserves the right to deduct the Scholarship from the student’s outstanding University Fees, if any.
- Handling of Information and Personal Data Supplied in Application (for Regulations and Procedures only)
- The personal data provided in this nomination will be used for activities relating to the processing of the nomination for these scholarship awards and the compilation of the relevant statistics to facilitate review of the awards.
- The personal data provided in the nomination forms will only be disclosed to relevant parties for the purposes mentioned in the preceding paragraph above.
- The candidates have the right to request the correction of and to request access to the data provided.
- Enquiries (for Regulations and Procedures only)
Department of Asian and Policy Studies
19 October 2020